Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Do-it-Myself Bachelorette Sash

In preparation for Katie's bachelorette party, Kimmie and I decided to hand-make a sash and crown.  Our plan was to make the sash a little bit classy and the crown a little bit wacky.  While Kimmie worked hard to de-classify our poor bride with an over-the-top and weirdly shaped "crown", I decided to hand stitch a sash with materials I had around the craft room. I found a bunch of cream cotton gauze that I thought would be perfect for the occasion. Light, airy, dreamy, romantic.


The design is simple and quite easy since you don't really need to hem the gauze.  I ripped a long piece (about 3 inches wide) of gauze and sewed it together at the ends on an angle, using myself as a model to figure out an appropriate sizing. I embroidered "Bride" with gray embroidery thread and then created a bunch of fabric flowers by tacking together 3 or 4 circles of different sizes together with a bead in the middle. I bunched them up around the "Bride" lettering and then interspersed them around the rest of the sash. 


Rather cute and shabby-chic, if I do say so myself.
I know's it's not like me, but I didn't get a great picture of Katie in her sash...thank heaven for the 60s photo filter. Kinda saves this awful photo. kinda. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment